These days, more and more people experience a pain in lower left side of back that sometimes may continue for months. This pain typically is localized around the torso and below the ribs. It may almost disappear during certain periods of the day and appear again being intermittent or dull. Some people report that the pain still remains even after they change their diet. Others are hyper-sensitive to touch in the affected area, which may be a result of changes in bowel movements and may cause discomfort when the affected person takes deep breaths, makes exercises or even when he lies still.
The cause of pain in lower left side of back is difficult to be found and as a result, many patients do through useless treatments taking dangerous drugs that harm their bodies even more. That is why it is very important to discover the actual cause of this pain, so you can address the root of the problem and find long-term relieve.
Pain in lower left side of back can be caused by various conditions, described in the list bellow:
- If you feel a pain in abdomen, pelvis or lower back, the cause might be Endometriosis, which sometimes is accompanied by vaginal bleeding too.
- People who have chronic symptoms, such as abdominal and back pain, steatorrhea, weight loss and indigestion, may have Pancreatitis.
- The pain can be located just under the rib cage. In that case, this might be the so-called Hypochondrial pain, which can come from the spleen or colon.
- The pain may be a result of Ectopic pregnancy without any signs of being pregnant. The symptoms of this condition include cramping, vaginal bleeding, lower abdominal pain, dizziness, felling lightheaded and pelvic pain.
- If the pain is accompanied with such symptoms, like vomiting and nausea, rapid loss of weight, back pain and burning pain in chests, the reason might be Peptic Ulcer.
- The so-called spastic colon or Irritable Bowel Syndrome is usually characterized by symptoms like headaches, diarrhea, chest and abdominal pain, along with low back pain.
- The problem might be hidden in Gastrointestinal bleeding, which is caused by various reasons, such as stomach ulcer, esophageal varices, duodenum, esophagus erosions, duodenal ulcer, diverticulitis, anal fissures, colon cancer or polyps, inflammatory bowel disease, abnormal blood vessels, large bowels inflammation or internal hemorrhoids.
- If you feel other types of symptoms, such as back and chest pain, heartburn, dry cough and difficulty in swallowing, the reason might be the so-called Gastroesophageal Reflux Disorder.
- If the pain is caused by Celiac Disease, the person will suffer from various symptoms like weight loss, fatigue, back and joint pain, anemia, diarrhea, bone disorders, abdominal cramps, skin disorders, gastric ulcers, parasite infections, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Radicular pain, on the other hand, occurs when spine nerves are either compressed or irritated. The causes can be different, such as trauma or injury, disc degeneration or herniation, soft tissue, bony changes or facet syndrome and the symptoms typically include numbness, tingling sensation and weakness.
- If the person feels pain in the upper abdomen or in its center, especially after eating, between the shoulder blades or in the right shoulder, the problem might be Gallstones.
- If the pain is located around the torso, lower abdomen, groin region below the ribs or in the back that might be Kidney stones. Among the other symptoms of this condition are vomiting, nausea and pain during urination.
- Adrenal gland also could be a reason for low back pain, along with hyper sensitivity to bright lights, headaches and dizziness when a person changes quickly his position or stands up rapidly.
Some other reasons for pain in lower left side of back might be bowel problems or allergies to certain kind of foods. If you feel the pain after consuming certain foods and it is accompanied by vomiting or diarrhea, you might have inflammation that should be cured. However, the bowel problems might be a result of other reasons, such as muscle imbalance. Some people are not aware of how important muscles can be for the proper function of human body. Apart from movement, they support the bones and body organs too. In case of even slightly muscle imbalance, a big number of different physiological problems might appear that lead to pain in lower left side of back. This problem cannot be successfully treated with surgeries or analgesics, as they don’t target the root problem. In that case muscle balance therapy, which is a customizable program, should be applied.
Usually, gastrointestinal problems, such as intestine and stomach problems are the most common reason for pain in lower left side of back. This pain usually appears in certain period of the day and disappears after that. It might also appear after consuming spicy foods. But the major cause for these problems is considered to be muscle imbalance that can cause spinal problems along with gastrointestinal problems. That is why treatment of muscle imbalance shows great results in successful eliminating of the pain in lower left side of back.
If you suffer with mild to severe left side lower back pain or right side lower back pain, this video shows you great home remedies for back pain relief by treating your own back muscles.